The VPL-W400Q has been designed for the discriminating video enthusiast. Incorporating Sony’s 1.35″ 16 x 9 1068 x 480 Polysilicon panel, this portable video LCD projector can display either 4 x 3 or 16 x 9 video, as well as, 1125/60 HDTV signals. The 16 x 9 panels employ a delta arrangement which is better suited for video display (the data models use a stripe arrangement of pixels which is better for data display). The VPL-W400Q outputs 400 ANSI lumens in 16 x 9 mode with the same uniformity performance standards set by the VPL-V500Q and VPL-V800Q due to the use of a prism block design and “Fly-eye” light integrators. The prism block design also prevents mis-registration due to jarring during transportation and the LCD panels are sealed as in Sony’s other models to prevent dust contamination. The VPL-W400Q accepts all world standard videos. The user must first select between PAL or PAL-M manually, then the VPL-W400Q will automatically recognize the incoming signal and recall the correct parameters from memory. The VPL-W400Q utilizes the same cabinet design as the VPL-V500Q so it is light weight and portable with built-in handle and remote commander pocket. The same innovations in ease of use such as the full function wireless remote commander and intuitive user interface found in Sony’s data Projectors can also be found in the VPL-W400Q. The lamp is a 250W DC metal halide lamp rated for an incredible 3000 hours of use. All video is scan doubled for clear, crisp output.
- COMPACT DESIGN weighing only about 22lbs with a carrying handle and remote control pocket Presentations can be made nearly anywhere at anytime and the remote pocket reduces the change that the remote will get lost.
- USER FRIENDLY ON -SCREEN MENU Available in seven languages A newly designed user interface makes adjusting the projector easy and the menu can be displayed in seven languages (see products specification chart)
- ABOVE THE LENS PROJECTION SYSTEM
The bottom of the image begins at the top of the projector so everyone can see the whole screen.
- USER CHANGEABLE METAL HALIDE LAMP – 250W short arc DC metal halide lamp (PK-PJ500) Rated for 3000 hours of life.
- DUAL ACTUATED PIXELS
- DOUBLE PROTECTION- Two “On/Off” switches for each pixel results in Twice the protection from blemishes from “dead” pixels.
3 YEAR/3 YEAR WARRANTY 3 year parts and labor warranty, 90 days for lamp(see actual warranty details).
- FLY EYE LIGHT INTEGRATORS
The integrators more evenly focus the light from the lamp while simultaneously focusing more of the light from the source into the optical path
- NEWLY DEVELOPED OPTICAL UNIT Consisting of a short arc 250W metal halide lamp, fly-eye light integrators, a LCD prism block, a large apertures high performance lens, and new Sony produced 1.35″ Polysilicon LCD panels 400 ANSI lumens of light output (16×9 display mode) for bright and clear images even in environments with ambient light. Excellent Uniformity Performance with virtually no image degradation in the form of hot spots or brightness and color shading in the corners of the images.
- DELTA PIXEL ARRANGEMENT
Very little pixelization in the image compared to typical stripe arrangements which are better for data display.
- FULL FUNCTION WIRELESS REMOTE COMMANDER( unit,RM-PJM500)
All functions of the projector can be controlled effortlessly by the presenter.
- “PLUG AND PLAY”
Quick and easy set-up with no complicated adjustments required
- POWER SAVER FEATURE
User selectable feature that automatically switches the VPL-W400Q to a 10 watt operating mode when no signal is detected for 10 minutes.
- TRIGGER FUNCTION
Provides 5V DC output for use in total room control systems with other components such as screen, curtains and/or lighting.
- DIRECT POWER ON
Allows unit to be switched on and off from a single switch without the need for secondary power controls.
- ACCEPTS A WIDE RANGE OF INPUT SIGNALS including: NTSC, NTSC4.43, PAL, PAL-M, SECAM, S-video (Y/C), Component video (RGB & R-Y, B-Y, Y) and HDTV(1125/60 system) All world formats can be accepted and displayed along with 1125/60 HDTV signals.
- 5 PICTURE MODES are available
|Resolution||Video: 600 TV lines|
|Power requirements||AC100V to 240V, 50/60Hz|
|Projection System||3 LCD panels, 1 lens projection|
|LCD Panel||Sony 1.35 inch p-Si TFT LCD panel, 1,537,920 pixels(512,640 x3)|
|Projection Lens||1.6 times zoom lens, f50 to 80mm/F2.5 to 3.1|
|Lamp||250W short arc DC metal halide lamp, PK-PJ500 (user changeable)|
|Screen Size: Throw Distance||16×9 Mode
|Color System||NTSC/PAL/PA/-M/SECAM/NTSC 4.43 automatically selected|
|Speakers||Max.2W+2W, 7 x 4cm Stereo|
Composite Video: BNC x 1
S Video: Mini Din 4 pin x 1
Audio: Phono stereo (L/R) x1
|Screen Coverage||41 inch to 300 inch for 16×9 mode
34 inch to 245 inch for 4×3 mode
|Signals accepted||Video: S Video, Composite Video
RGB: 15kHz RGB, Component Video, 1125/60 HDTV
RGB 15kHz/HDTV In
Analog RGB, Y/B-Y/R-Y, HDTV (Y/PB/PR): BNC x 4
Audio: Phono stereo (L/R) x 1
|Dimensions W x H x D||368 x 420 x 176mm|